Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Morning

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Saturday afternoon we went to Glendora to visit my aunt in her nursing home. She was happy to see us. I took her a picture I had taken of her and my mom last December. She was pleased to get it! On the way home we went to Clearman's Northwoods Inn for dinner. I could not remember how long it had been since the last time we had been there. Dinner was very good and the garlic bread as good as I remembered. It is nice to know some things don't change, because everything else has! That area certainly looked different! Clearman's has been in that spot as long as I can remember. I am glad it is still there. This past weekend I read the book Zero Day by David Baldacci. I love his books! The problem I have though, is that once I pick one up and start reading it, I have a hard time putting it down until I finish it! His characters and story line just pull you in and you can't stop. This is another good story. If you like good stories with mystery, intrigue and great characters, then this is a book for you. I do not want to spoil it for you. I highly recommend this book! Actually, I highly recommend any of his books. His first novel, Absolute Power, was a Clint Eastwood movie. That is how I was introduced to David Baldacci when I read about the movie coming out. The article mentioned that it was from an author's first novel; I knew I had to read it because I figured it had to be good if it became a Clint Eastwood movie! I do not remember where I was flying to at the time, but I bought the paperback at an airport gift shop and had the novel completed by the time the plane landed!

No comments:

Post a Comment